If you’re looking for blog post ideas for November that will be popular with your audience, I’ve got you covered! From Veteran’s Day to Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you could see a huge spike in your blog traffic if you write about the trending topics for November.
What’s Happening In November
There’s a lot going on November, so finding blog post content that will work for your audience shouldn’t be too difficult.
Preparing for the holidays is definitely at the top of most to-do lists this month. People are making travel plans, searching for new recipes online, decorating their homes and creating holiday-themed crafts.
Thanksgiving alone offers a variety of topics that will be popular in November but the whole month is full of interesting stuff!
Holidays & Observances In November
There are two “official” U.S. holidays celebrated in November – Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving Day.
Veteran’s Day is November 11th in the U.S. and it’s our official day to celebrate and honor “all of those who have served the country in war or peace” according to this article from the U.S. Department of Defense. Other countries celebrate similar holidays on November 11th for their own veterans.
As far as blog post ideas, no matter what niche you’re in, you can probably find at least one veteran that would make a relevant interview post.
For example, maybe you write about parenting and your audience is single moms. You could interview a single mom who is also a veteran. Your blog post could be about how their experience in the military has affected their parenting style.
That’s just one example of how to make Veteran’s Day relevant to your own blog and interesting for your audience.
Thanksgiving Blog Post Ideas
Thanksgiving Day is always celebrated in the U.S. on the fourth Thursday in November.
Although it’s just one day in November, there are so many different topics that are trending this month related to Thanksgiving. If you want more blog traffic in November, don’t miss out on writing Thanksgiving-themed blog content.
There’s more to Thanksgiving than recipes and party planning, so it’s time to think outside-of-the-box!
Besides eating a lot of food and giving thanks for the blessings in life, what else do people do on Thanksgiving Day? Think about all of the preparation over the days leading up to Thanksgiving including:
- Making travel plans
- Cleaning and organizing the house
- Making crafts and decorating
- Gathering recipes and meal-planning
There’s plenty of wiggle-room for genius blog content. Here are a few examples of awesome Thanksgiving-themed blog posts that aren’t recipes:
- 12 Hilarious Thanksgiving Games Everyone Will Love
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
- Top 10 Thanksgiving Movies That You Absolutely Can’t Miss
If you’re still at a loss for ideas, head over to Pinterest and see what other bloggers in your niche are writing about. Trust me, you’ve got options.
Other November Events & Observances
Besides the official holidays, November has some other interesting events and observances that give you even more options.
- November 1 – National Men Make Dinner Day
- November 2 – Day of the Dead
- November 5 – National Redhead Day (yay, that’s me!)
- November 8 – National Cappuccino Day
- November 14 – World Kindness Day
- November 21 – Great American Smokeout
- November 30 – National Computer Security Day
Those are just a few things happening in November to spark your creativity for blog post ideas. You can check out an extensive list that includes dozens of other observances for the month of November on the National Today website.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday
They may not be official holidays but Black Friday and Cyber Monday are perfect for any blogger in any niche to see a boost in November traffic. It’s the season for gift-giving and consumers are devouring information online to find the perfect gifts for loved ones.
Review posts, gift guides and round-up posts for just about any type of product are going to be searched like crazy on Google and Pinterest. While you’re at it, why not add your affiliate links to try to boost your income and your traffic?
Increase Your Blog’s Income In November
With the holidays upon us, November is a great month to make money with your blog. Here are a few tips for increasing your income from your blog during November:
1. Create niche-specific gift guides – Stand out from the competition by creating gift guides that are specific for your niche. Include details about the products and services you’re writing about so your readers have the information they need without visiting other blogs or websites.
2. Offer an exclusive. time-sensitive discount – If you create your own products or offer services, create a limited-time discount to encourage a purchase. If you’re using affiliate links, contact the merchants or your affiliate manager and request an exclusive discount for your readers. Many merchants are happy to oblige – you just have to ask.
3. Include a strong Call-To-Action (CTA) – Many times getting the sale is as simple as asking for it. Just because you include links to products and services doesn’t mean people are going to click them. When writing about your recommendations, include an obvious call-to-action so your readers know how to purchase. Include a “Buy Now” button or link.
If you’d like to learn more about how to make money blogging, here are other blog posts that can help:
Other November Trending Topics
There are plenty of topics not related to holidays or observances that will provide blog post ideas for November writing. For most, November also ushers in the colder weather, which brings a plethora of popular searches.
Cold Weather Blog Post Ideas
Since it’s getting colder, people are getting ready for Winter. November is the perfect time for getting that content into the Blogosphere. Here are some ideas for blog posts that will earn you some traffic:
- winter fashion ideas
- indoor activities ideas
- tips for avoiding or treating the flu
- alternative heating options
- tips for treating dry skin
- seasonal depression treatment
As you can see, there are plenty of opportunities for stellar blog content that will get noticed in November. Now it’s time for you to start brainstorming your own ideas.
If you found this post helpful, please take a few seconds to share it on social media or pin to your favorite blogging tips Pinterest board.
What do you like to write about in November? Did you think of any new ideas while reading this post? Share your answers or leave your feedback on this post in the Comments section below. I love getting your input and it helps me to know what content helps you most, so I can write more of it!